Friday, September 24, 2010

Front and Center!

There's not much prettier than a dog who races to get to you! How adorable is it when I call a furry client and he runs over twenty-five feet in what looks like three bounds and he sits almost on my toes, looking way up at my eyes? "Yes, miss. You rang? Are we going to do something fun now? Got cheese? Let's do that again!" One of the most important cues to teach, of course, and one of my favorites when the pup does it with such glee.

A client and I played hide-and-seek in her yard this week. She sat and stayed while I hid. I called and she found me in one second flat. What more could anyone want from a dog?

There are lots of ways to get that reliable recall--but most important? Be inviting! Be interesting! Be unpredictable!

Good human, good! :-)

You know who loved hide-and-seek more than almost anything? Tucker. Still missing you every minute, little man.

No comments:

Post a Comment