But it's not FAIR! The pup barks because he's having separation issues. Whose fault is that? Even if a pup is barking for another reason--like boredom--whose fault is that? You can't always take your dog with you everywhere then once in a blue moon leave him alone for eight hours! No fair!
If you have a dog, you have to fix the problems YOU create. Simple, free tips to start making the pup feel better before actual training to fix the anxiety:
1. Don't give the dog the whole apartment. Especially a dog in a NEW place.
2. Try leaving on a radio or TV for distraction noise.
3. Give the dog a LONG walk and some mental training work before you leave.
4. Give the dog something different to do while you're gone: a frozen Kong full of treats!
5. Give the dog a cookie before you leave.
6. Don't make a fuss when you leave or after you return.
Now you can call a trainer to guide you in helping the pup adjust to being on his own.
Here's to a more peaceful life for humans and dogs--and neighbors!